Thursday, May 5, 2011

DMA project brief

I am interested in the musical culture of the Montagnard people. My research has showed that this aspect of their artistic culture was rich in their native land, but I want to know how strong it has remained here, how much it has changed or been influenced by our music/culture, and in what ways the young Dega people are carrying on and/or changing the tradition. If at all possible, I would like to contact the rapper Mondega who is garnering attention in mainstream hip-hop culture. If nothing else, however, I would at least like to go and film some Montagnard people performing and talking about some of their traditional and new contemporary musical. In order to make my project successful, I will definitely need to get a concrete idea of how/when I can meet with these people, and what people I can have as aid in communicating with the Dega people.








sites.google.com/site/mdagreensboronc/
slusser4.glogster.com/false/
www.minglix.com/search/montagnard
wn.com/Montagnard_Dega
www.minglix.com/search/montagnard
www.youtube.com/user/phohoa
blog.mtviggy.com/.../qa-with-montagnard-freedom-rapper-mondega/

No comments:

Post a Comment